5.21.2009

One Day in LA

The weather is perfect, the people are beautiful, the traffic is terrible, and your waiter is more than likely an actor/model/musician/director/writer. Whatever your take on LA (I have heard some refer to it as the "armpit of America"), none can deny its uniqueness in all the fakeness.

11:40am: Arrived at LAX via Virgin America (yay for touch screen ordering and purple airplane lights).
12pm: Waiting, waiting, waiting in line for a taxi (why is it so difficult to get a cab at the airport here??!!).
12:30pm: Sitting in mid-day traffic on the way to UCLA while trying to explain to the driver that 1) he needs to take Sunset Blvd. to campus and 2) no, I do not speak Mandarin or any variation of it, unfortunately.
1-5pm: Arrive on campus, meet up with my student guide for the day, attend 2 classes (Business Strategy and Managing & Leading Organizations), marvel at how laid-back and welcoming everyone seems, pepper my guide with questions throughout whilst worrying that admissions apps are due in less than 5 months!!!!
5:30pm: Diddy Riese and dinner with a friend in Westwood.
8pm: Head back to SFO.
9:30pm: Step out of baggage claim and get a taxi in less than 2 minutes flat. I love SF.

UCLA - ain't it pretty?
Mmmm chocolate- white chocolate chip with espresso ice-cream. Yeah, I have a terrible sweet tooth and the fillings to prove it.
The lovely and multi-talented Ashley (no, she is not a waitress) with her Diddy Riese.

1 comment:

  1. :) Yay, I love this post. I loved this day. If there were a "like" button to click like fb, I would like this. :)

    ReplyDelete

About This Site

My photo
JetsettingGypsy is a blog by a 24-year old American who was born in Singapore and has lived in only cities beginning with an "S" (San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco) ever since (though not purpose).

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers